Synthetic Biology Consultant - Remote
In the age of synthetic biology, life science research is increasingly driven by the convergent and disciplined utilization of rapidly evolving informatics technologies. At GenoFAB, we believe that the path to biological discoveries should be engineered. Biotechnology research programs can be modeled after the product development cycle used in other industries. GenoFAB helps life science organizations adopt engineering methods from synthetic biology to optimize their data analysis workflows, lab operations, and research strategies to reach critical milestones on time and on budget.The Synthetic Biology Consultant will join a team composed of bioinformaticians, software developers, and industrial engineers. This person will be involved in the development of new software products and user education material. This position will also be involved in pre- and post-sales support.This is a part-time hourly position that requires little or no travel.
- Develop education material such as blog posts, knowledge base articles, and online courses related to synthetic biology
- Help prospects evaluate GenoFAB's synthetic biology software solutions
- Help new clients with the adoption GenoFAB's synthetic biology software solutions
- Support existing clients in the use of GenoFAB's synthetic biology software solutions
- Curate a database of genetic parts
- Design expression vectors for various biotechnology applications
- Specify and test new software products
- Identify and capture new business opportunities
- PhD degree in Synthetic Biology, Chemical Engineering, Bioengineering, Molecular Biology, Cellular Biology, or related field.
- Three years of post-doctoral experience.
- Three years of experimental research in molecular biology, synthetic biology, or related field.
- Experience managing and analyzing complex data sets, possibly in collaboration with data scientists, statisticians, or computer scientists.
- Track record of effective scientific communication such as peer-reviewed research articles, literature reviews, or conference presentations.
- Ability to switch between deep technical details and high-level strategic visions of a research project.
- Ability to manage multiple concurrent projects independently and proactively
- Ability to synthesize and communicate complex scientific concepts to a broad audience
- Ability to influence behavior and direction without direct authority
- Demonstrated ability to facilitate collaborative solutions to complex problems.
- High-level of proficiency using calendars, emails, video conference, and messaging applications
- Outstanding communication skills in different formats.
- Eligible to work in the US. Company won’t sponsor visa applications.
- Research experience in the biotechnology industry
- Familiarity or experience with LIMS, ELN, and standard bioinformatics tools.
- Experience managing research teams in academia or in a corporate environment
- Experience working in international and multicultural environments
- Demonstrated ability to keep projects on time and on budget
- Experience working remotely with global teams scattered across time zones
- Ability to identify and capture new business opportunities
- Location in Northern Colorado, California, Massachusetts, Washington DC area.