LIMS Consultant - Remote
GenoFAB, a Synthetic Biology software company, is searching for a LIMS Consultant to help its clients deploy its Laboratory Information Management System and Electronic Laboratory Notebook solution within their research organization.
GenoFAB’s support of its clients is different from the basic technical support provided by LIMS vendors. We regard a LIMS as only one component of a larger informatics infrastructure that integrates other modules such as databases of DNA sequences, bioinformatics tools, and cloud storage solutions. We deliver custom solutions that support the client's unique scientific workflows.
The LIMS Consultant will join a team composed of bioinformaticians, software developers, and industrial engineers. This person will be involved in the development of new software products, user education material, and client pre- and post-sales support.
This is a part-time hourly position that requires little or no travel.
- Develop education material such as blog posts, knowledge base articles, and online courses related to LIMS/ELN
- Help prospects evaluate GenoFAB's LIMS/ELN solution
- Help new clients with the adoption and configuration of their LIMS
- Support existing clients in the use of their LIMS/ELN
- Specify and test new products
- Identify and capture new business opportunities.
- Four years of experience using a LIMS/ELN in a life science research environment
- Good familiarity with various LIMS/ELN solutions available on the market.
- Ability to instruct and lead the adoption of LIMS/ELN solutions in small to mid-size research organizations.
- Understanding of adult learning methodologies and teaching techniques
- Ability to influence behavior and direction without direct authority
- Demonstrated ability to facilitate collaborative solutions to complex problems
- Outstanding communication skills in different formats.
- Excellent time management skills
- High-level of proficiency using calendars, emails, video conference, and messaging applications
- BS in biology, biochemistry, bioengineering, or life science discipline
- Ten years of professional experience
- Eligible to work in the US. Company won’t sponsor visa applications.
- Experience with synthetic biology tools, methods, and workflows
- Graduate degree in a life science field
- Experience working in a corporate research environment
- Experience working in international and multicultural environments
- Demonstrated ability to keep projects on time and on budget
- Experience working remotely with global teams scattered across time zones
- Demonstrated ability to identify and capture new business opportunities
- Location in Northern Colorado